Saturday, August 08, 2009

Ironies

In Israel:

I can get Knorr products, but not Manischewitz. But not my favorite Knorr chicken noodle soup packets either.

Osem stuff is everywhere, but I can't find the Osem wafers I bought in America. or the Osem croutons I liked.

Pomegrante syrup and Pringles can be found in every makolet (local convenience shop) but not good old fashioned Manischewitz matzoh ball and soup mix.

You think gefilte fish is expensive in the states at $6 a loaf? How about $13 a loaf (equivalent)!!! This is a Jewish country, why can't I afford gefilte fish???

My favorite white chocolate covered Oreos, only found in America in the holidays - sometimes - available at every candy store, imported from Mexico!

And those carmelized biscuits I discovered they made kosher and special ordered as a treat from when I ate them on airplanes and missed them? Special order as in 200 I bought online for about $25? You got in - every grocery store has them.

I still can't believe that the Craisins I didn't think I could find I shipped and are everywhere, but my matzoh ball soup mix I gave away I needed to have shipped. Who would have thought?

I did find an Asian store near me with kosher seaweed, sushi rice and rice vinegar. That was exciting. All ready for my sushi kits in my lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment